CREATIVE BAR/BAT MITZVAH
My Philosophy of B'nei Mitzvah
We, as Jews, are so fortunate to have created a coming-of age-initiation process that roots itself in our tradition. Unfortunately, we have too often have lost touch with the meaning of Bar/Bat Mitzvah and impose a rigid structure of learning on our children. I believe that the Bar/Bat Mitzvah preparation and event should be meaningful, fun and spiritually uplifting for both the child and his or her family. It is a time to move from memorization and party planning to reclaiming Bar/Bat-Mitzvah as a joyful season of preparation for this powerful rite of initiation.
Working with me includes:
• One on one mentor relationship at a critical threshold of a young adult's life
• The creation of a service (at a synagogue or at a private location) that reflects the personality and talents of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah
• Involvement with family's congregation and/or other Jewish learning experiences, when appropriate.
• Family involvement in Torah study and Jewish learning
• Jewish life skills and hebrew tutoring
• Torah chanting- the learning of trope (musical notation of the chanting of Torah)
I look forward to hearing from you! You can contact me at 617-821-1104 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org